NOW AVAILABLE IN BIG FOOT BOOT SIZES 8 AND 10 TOO!
The Cavallo Pastern Wrap (sold in sets of two) offers an extra layer of protection when using Cavallo Simple, Sport, Trek, ELB or Big Foot hoof boots. Pastern wraps are useful when you are first breaking in your new boots to prevent any rubbing. They are also used to tighten up the fit of slightly looser boots or to reduce the gap around the neck of the boot if you have a fine boned horse.
- Velcro the pastern wrap around the hoof, keeping it low to the ground around the bottom of the bulb and drawing the elastic diagonally upwards from back to front.
- Place the hoof boot on the hoof, toe first ensuring that the wrap lies flat. Velcro the red tab from the pastern wrap on to the red Velcro on the tongue of the hoof boot.
- Fasten the boot as normal.
- Small fits size 0 to 1 hoof boots
- Medium fits size 2 to 3 hoof boots
- Large fit size 4 to 6 hoof boots
- Big Foot Boot size 8 Wrap
- Big Foot Boot size 10 Wrap
New hoof boots require a breaking in period in the same way that we would break in a new pair of shoes. We always recommend that for the first day you only use your new boots for 20-30 minutes during turn-out or riding. Every horse is different and it is important to monitor as you gradually increase the amount of time you use your new hoof boots. Using a leather softener and/or riding through water will speed up the breaking in process. Pastern wraps are also useful when breaking in a new pair of boots.