The Cavallo Pastern Wrap (sold in pairs) offers an extra layer of protection when using any Style of the Cavallo Hoof Boots.
Pastern wraps are really useful:
Use when your horse is new to boots. Breaking in a new a pair of boots. Your horse has particularly sensitive skin. Can tighten up the fit, if the boots a slightly loose. Reduce the gap around the neck of the boot, if you have a fine boned horse.
- Velcro the pastern wrap around the hoof, keeping it low to the ground around the bottom of the bulb and drawing the elastic diagonally upwards from back to front.
- Place the hoof boot on the hoof, toe first ensuring that the wrap lies flat. Velcro the red tab from the pastern wrap on to the red Velcro on the tongue of the hoof boot.
- Fasten the boot as normal.
- Small fits size 0 to 1 hoof boots
- Medium fits size 2 to 3 hoof boots
- Large fit size 4 to 6 hoof boots
- Big Foot Boot size 8 Wrap
- Big Foot Boot size 10 Wrap
Sometimes new hoof boots require a breaking in period in the same way that we would break in a new pair of shoes. We always recommend that for the first day you only use your new boots for 20-30 minutes during turn-out or riding. Every horse is different and it is important to monitor as you gradually increase the amount of time you use your new hoof boots. Using a leather softener and/or riding through water will speed up the breaking in process. Pastern wraps are also useful when breaking in a new pair of boots.