Cavallo Simple Hoof Boots, Slim Fit
Comes as a Pair of Boots.
The Slim Fit Sole is narrower than the regular sole and useful for horses with narrower and/or oval shaped feet. The slim sole accommodates a hoof that is at least 1/4″ narrower than it is long.
The Simple boot is great for horses with slightly bigger feet, wider pasterns and lots of feather. The fit can sometimes be a bit big when using the Regular Fit sole, so measure carefully and be prepared to go down a size or use this Slim fit sole.
The Cavallo boots are designed to mould to the heel of the horse and will stretch with use.
The Simple boot is a multi-purpose hoof boot for the barefoot horse. It is an all terrain hoof boot, great for turnout and riding. The leather upper can provide a strong protection on rough terrain.
The Simple boot is the ultimate protection for the barefoot horse.
This boot is not just for riding, but is also great for rehabilitation by providing comfort for your horse if he is suffering from chronic hoof pain or sensitivity. It is great to help with injuries, or abscesses, Navicular Disease and Laminitis. See also the cushion pad insoles.
Simple boots can be used for protection during travel or taken on a hack as a “spare tyre” just in case you lose a shoe.
They can also be used successfully during turnout (increase the time used gradually over a few days/weeks).
Pastern Wraps can be used to help break in the new boots and prevent or provide relief from chafing.
Also can be used over metal shoes. Care must be taken when used for these alternative purposes. Note the warranty is void when used over metal shoes.
Features and benefits
• Built-in drainage
• Easy to put on and remove (even with arthritic hands!)
• Stay securely on the hoof
• Shaped for the natural hoof
• Simple front fastening with two industrial grade side Velcro® closures
• Genuine leather upper is comfortable and flexible
• Moulded-in back flap for bulb protection and abrasion resistance
• Durable construction: Waterproof thread, rustproof metal and high-performance TPU outsole
• Allow expansion and contraction of the hooves promoting blood circulation
• Soft leather foam-filled collar (Cavallo Pastern Wraps are available for added protection if desired).
• Outside tread pattern supports the hoof wall
• All-terrain tread minimizes the build-up of mud, sand and debris
• Excellent traction whilst still allowing for natural movement
• Centre of outsole is recessed to minimize pressure
• High performance, specially-formulated thermo plastic urethane (TPU) compound provides maximum protection, shock absorption, durability, and abrasion resistance
• Built-in sole relief: Raised inner rim takes pressure off the sole, bar and frogs
• Built-in break over
• Surefooted low-profile sole
• Unique tread pattern supports the frog
• Innovative sole design provides a natural heel (skid) brake
• Integrated high density inner rim supports the load bearing hoof wall
Cavallo hoof boot FAQs
For a downloadable measuring chart go here. Ensure you print true to scale!
Please see videos below with guidance on how to fit Cavallo hoof boots.